No-Bake Edible Chocolate Egg NestsPosted on Apr 17, 2014 in Activities, Parents, Sitters | 0 comments
These no-bake cookies are a perfect springtime treat for kids — messy to make and sweet to eat! Just the right blend of chocolate and crunch, these festive treats are not only delicious, but a fabulous spring or Easter decoration as well.
What you will need:
- 2 (11-12 oz.) bags of chocolate chips or butterscotch chips
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of Chow Mein noodles
- M & M’s, jellybeans, or any other type of small candy that you could use as your “eggs”
- Wax paper
1. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container. Heat on 50 percent power in the microwave for one minute. Stir, and repeat until chips are all melted. This usually takes 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add the Chow Mein noodles to the melted chocolate. Stir until the noodles are fully covered.
3. Drop by tablespoonful of the mixture onto wax paper. Form a nest shape with your fingers (this is the part that the kids love! Warning: they will get messy!).
4. Place candies in middle of nest for the “eggs.”
5. Let sit until firm (or put in fridge to help them set-up quicker).
6. While waiting for your cookies to set-up, go outside and try to spot some birds and maybe even their nests!