Mess-Free Color MixingPosted on Mar 11, 2014 in Activities, Sitters | 1 comment
Looking for the perfect mess-free activity? Look no further than mess-free color mixing! Kids will love to see the colors change as they mix, mash, and swirl with their own hands — with no mess to clean up!
What you will need:
- Re-sealable storage bags (sandwich size)
- Clear hair gel
- Food coloring (any colors you wish)
- Lay the storage bag flat on the table, holding the opening upward.
- Squeeze about 4 to 5 tablespoons of hair gel into the middle of the bag.
- Choose two vials of food coloring. Add three to four drops of one color to the gel.
- Turn the bag over and add the second color to the other side of the gel.
- Tightly seal the bag.
- Let the child mix and mash the swirls of color!
Note: Be aware that food coloring can stain clothes, so have the child wear a smock or old clothes.